Bafta Kids Young
Are you friendly and engaging, with a passion for presenting?
BAFTA Kids have launched an amazing opportunity that is perfect for our Academy students aged 7-14 to enter. The “Young Presenter Competition 2018“.
BAFTA Kids are looking for someone to present their own content and film at a number of locations throughout the year, a once-in-a lifetime prize! The winning presenter will be working with the BAFTA production crew at the BAFTA Children’s Awards in November, not only that, they will also get to present an award at the Ceremony. They will also report from the set of a children’s television programme and host preview coverage from an event at BAFTA HQ in London.
How To Enter
To enter students need to create a “HOW TO……” video (2 minutes maximum). Students can choose to interview someone about their hobby or secret talent or they can demonstrate something themselves, It can be literally anything and everything!
For example….. How to…make slime…do a card trick…draw a BAFTA mask…make your friends laugh…decorate a cake…
What to include in the video:
- Introduce yourself and your guest, if you have one.
- Say what your “How to…” video is about.
- Make it interesting for your audience by describing what you are doing.
- Use the line “reporting for BAFTA Kids” either at the start or end of your film eg “Hello, I’m Ben and I’m here for BAFTA Kids to show you how to…”
Top Tips for your video:
- Communicate clearly so we can understand you.
- Engage with your audience. You’ll be filming for BAFTA Kids so use language and content that is relevant to 7-14 year olds.
- Vary your tone to be interesting, funny, serious at the right moment.
- Being different is great. Make sure we see your personality coming through.
- Be enthusiastic – They want to see how great you can be!
- Be yourself! They aren’t looking for the best actor, so just relax and be yourself.
When you’re happy with your video, upload it using the submission form here.
DEADLINE – 14 MAY 2018
10 young people will be shortlisted for the final auditions in London, to be judged by an exciting celebrity jury before a final casting session, all which will be filmed for a brand new ITV television show.